Kansas State beats Boston U. 80-70 in Puerto RicoNov 20, 2009 - 5:23 AM SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico(AP) -- Rodney McGruder scored 20 points and four teammates hit doubles figures as Kansas State downed Boston University 80-70 Thursday night at the O'Reilly Auto Parts Puerto Rico Tip-Off.
The balanced Wildcats (3-0) got 14 points from Jacob Pullen, 12 from Curtis Kelly, 11 from Jamar Samuels and 10 from Jordan Henriquez-Roberts.
Kansas State led 62-57 with 5:18 to play, then went on an 8-0 run over the next two minutes to nail it down.
The Terriers (0-3) were led by the 1-2 punch of Tyler Morris and John Holland. Morris scored 21 and Holland 20. Carlos Strong added 11, and Jake O'Brien had 10.
The Wildcats will now face Mississippi on Friday, and the Terriers will play Indiana.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 70
KANSAS ST 80 FINAL
Nov 19 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BOSTON UNIVERSITY 35 35
KANSAS STATE 39 39 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
BOSTON UNIVERSITY - JOHN HOLLAND 9, JAKE O'BRIEN 8,
TYLER MORRIS 6
KANSAS STATE - JACOB PULLEN 10, RODNEY MCGRUDER 8,
JORDAN HENRIQUEZ-ROBERTS 7
Nov 19 8:37 PM
- Kansas State freshman Freeman transferring to Florida juco Apr 12
- New-look Wildcats have same lofty expectations this season Oct 28
- Kansas State at a glance Oct 28
- K-State's Foster dismissed from basketball program Mar 24
- Iwundu, Kansas State upset No. 12 Iowa State Mar 1
- Wildcats play host to 12th-ranked Cyclones Feb 28
- K-State AD offers apology after court storming Feb 24
- K-State topples No. 8 Kansas Feb 24
- Sunflower State showdown pits Jayhawks against Wildcats Feb 23
- Baylor pulls away from Kansas State Feb 21
- Kansas State comes calling on No. 20 Baylor Feb 21
- K-State tops OU to snap 5-game losing skid Feb 15