New Orleans beats Southern-New Orleans 74-65Nov 20, 2009 - 4:53 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Billy Humphrey, a transfer from Georgia, scored 26 points to lead New Orleans to a 74-65 win over Southern-New Orleans on Thursday night.
The Privateers (1-1) led 44-30 at halftime, but the Knights cut the lead to 56-51 with 8:44 to play in the game. The Privateers responded with a 14-6 run to put the game out of reach at 70-57 with 3:09 remaining.
Ejike Hart added 11 points and seven rebounds for the Privateers.
Ricardo Porter led the Knights with 17 points. Lionel Green added 14 points and Abron Hunt had 11.
New Orleans bolted to its first-half lead on the strength of 78.9 percent shooting from the field (15-for-19). The Privateers cooled off slightly in the second half, but shot 63.6 percent for the game (21-for-33).
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Western Kentucky rolls 83-58 in Sun Belt tourney Mar 6
- Arkansas-Little Rock defeats New Orleans, 77-71 Feb 27
- Arkansas State defeats New Orleans, 63-56 Feb 25
- Denver defeats cold-shooting New Orleans 53-45 Feb 20
- New Orleans beats Louisiana-Monroe 82-73 Feb 18
- North Texas routs New Orleans 68-46 Feb 11
- Arkansas State pulls away from New Orleans 66-52 Feb 6
- South Alabama knocks off New Orleans 59-51 Feb 4