St. Bonaventure defeats Binghamton 66-40Nov 21, 2009 - 2:55 AM WESTERN, N.Y.(AP) -- Jonathan Hall scored 12 points and Michael Davenport added 10 to lead St. Bonaventure past Binghamton 66-40 on Friday night.
The Bonnies (2-1) scored 22 points off of 19 Binghamton turnovers and scored 34 points in the paint.
Andrew Nicholson tallied 11 rebounds for St. Bonaventure, which outrebounded the Bearcats (1-2) 43-24.
With the game tied at 11-all with 11:22 left in the first half, the Bonnies outscored Binghamton 21-6 the rest of the half.
Leonard Lewis gave the Bonnies their largest lead of the game, 62-29 on a jump shot with 5:07 left to play.
St. Bonaventure shot 43.1 percent from the floor (25 of 58), compared to 38.6 percent shooting (17 of 44) by the Bearcats.
Binghamton was led by Chretien Lukusa with 12 points.
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- Gathers' buzzer-beater gives Bonnies upset of Saint Louis Mar 14
- Bonnies battle Billikens in A-10 tourney Mar 14
- Kloof helps Bonnies knock off Minutemen Jan 29
- Bonnies seek upset of 21st-ranked Minutemen Jan 29
- Saint Louis downs Bonnies for 10th straight win Jan 16
- Bonnies and Billikens do battle in A-10 action Jan 15
- No. 19 UMass wins another close one Jan 12
- A-10 action pits Bonnies against 19th-ranked Minutemen Jan 11
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7