Northeastern edges Utah State 64-61Nov 21, 2009 - 9:28 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Matt Janning scored 14 points to lead Northeastern to a 64-61 victory over Utah State on Saturday.
The Huskies (1-1) trailed by 15 points in the first half but were 12 of 25 from the field (48 percent) in the second.
Northeastern led by six before Utah State (1-2) took a 58-57 lead on Brian Green's 3-pointer with 2:24 left in the game.
Nkem Ojougboh hit one and Baptiste Bataille made two free throws for a 60-58 lead with 36 seconds left.
Chaisson Allen added two free throws with 10 seconds left and Ojougboh added two more with 4 seconds remaining.
The Huskies were 19 of 24 from the free throw line (79.2 percent).
Ojougboh scored 13 points, Bataille added 12 and Chaisson finished with 11 for Northeastern.
Tai Wesley led Utah State with 16 points, Nate Bendall added 15 points and Tyler Newbold finished with 10. Jared Quayle led the Aggies with 10 rebounds.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19