Anderson's streak leads Nebraska past TCU 90-77Nov 21, 2009 - 10:02 PM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Ryan Anderson scored seven consecutive Nebraska points to lead a late surge that sealed a 90-77 win over TCU on Saturday.
Nebraska (2-1) led 70-69 when Anderson hit a wide-open 3-pointer from the top of the circle with 4:04 left. Forty seconds later, a pair of Anderson free throws put Nebraska up 75-69.
TCU (2-2) got a basket from Ronnie Moss with 2:38 left. But Anderson immediately countered with a short jumper that made the score 77-71.
Nebraska made 11 of its 12 free throws in the final 2:13 to seal the win.
Freshman center Jorge Brian Diaz led Nebraska with 22 points. Anderson and Brandon Richardson had 15 points each for the Huskers, and Sek Henry put in 11 for Nebraska.
Ronnie Moss led TCU with 23, Garlon Green and Greg Hill finished with 11 points each for the Horned Frogs.
- NCAA BB
NEBRASKA 90 FINAL
Nov 21 4:26 PM
- NCAA BB
NEBRASKA 44 HALFTIME
Nov 21 3:07 PM
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Undersized, young Huskers will count on celebrated recruits Oct 27
- Nebraska at a glance Oct 27
- Nebraska's Petteway declares for NBA Draft Apr 16