Virginia beats Oral Roberts easily in a 76-55 winNov 21, 2009 - 9:19 PM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Mike Scott scored 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds and Sylven Landesberg added 14 points to lead Virginia to a 76-55 win over Oral Roberts in the final states-side game of the Cancun Challenge on Saturday.
On Tuesday in Cancun, Mexico, Virginia (3-1) plays Stanford. Oral Roberts (2-2) takes on Sam Houston State.
Midway through the second half, Virginia, which led by six at halftime, pulled away with an 11-4 run. Assane Sene, who was suspended for the Cavaliers first three games, scored five points during the spurt.
Sene, a 7-footer, finished with eight points and seven rebounds.
Back-to-back baskets by Sene and Landesberg gave Virginia a 59-42 lead. Will Sherrill's 3-pointer gave the Cavaliers a 20-point advantage.
Kevin Ford led Oral Roberts with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Virginia held the Golden Eagles to 32-percent shooting.
- Second-half collapse mars finish for Virginia's seniors Mar 28
- Top-seeded Virginia collapses late, loses 68-62 to Syracuse Mar 27
- Virginia knocking on door for Final Four Mar 27
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Virginia will have to prove defensive chops against Cyclones Mar 22
- Weekend of upsets leaves Virginia as Midwest favorite Mar 20
- No. 1 seed Virginia prepares for 2nd-round test from Butler Mar 18
- UVa routs Hampton 81-45 after Bennett collapses, returns Mar 17
- No. 1 seed Virginia keeps focus on Hampton - not Spartans Mar 16
- Brogdon, Gill look to help Virginia make deep run in tourney Mar 14
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- Virginia's Brogdon: Lost year was a 'blessing' in disguise Mar 4