Long Island knocks off Navy 83-72Nov 22, 2009 - 2:54 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- David Hicks scored 18 points and had a career-high 10 rebounds as Long Island defeated Navy 83-72 on Saturday night.
Kyle Johnson added 16 points, Jaytornah Wisseh scored 14 and Kenny Onyechi finished with 13 points for Long Island (1-2), which never trailed.
Wisseh entered averaging 26 points a game.
The Blackbirds led 39-36 at halftime, but extended their lead to 13 points with 12:12 left in the game. Navy (1-3), which was 10 of 32 from the field (31.3 percent) in the second half, didn't score from the field in the final 3:17.
Chris Harris, who was 9-for-9 from the free-throw line, led Navy with 17 points. Jordan Sugars added 14 points and Mark Veazey chipped in with 12 points.
Jamal Olasewere added seven rebounds for Long Island, which outrebounded Navy 46-34.
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Kentucky shoots the lights out against Long Island Nov 24
- LIU promotes Perri to head coach Apr 11
- Green's triple-double leads MSU past Long Island Mar 17
- Spartans hope to avoid upset in NCAA Tourney clash with Blackbirds Mar 16
- Long Island handles Robert Morris for NEC title Mar 7
- Blackbirds and Colonials meet for NEC crown Mar 7