McNeese State routs Louisiana College 73-36Nov 22, 2009 - 12:28 AM LAKE CHARLES, La.(AP) -- Diego Kapelan scored 12 points to pace McNeese State in a 73-36 rout over Louisiana College on Saturday.
Kapelan shot 5-for-9 for the Cowboys (1-3), who had 11 of their 12 players score. Patrick Richard added 11 points, while Dontae Cannon chipped in with 10.
The Cowboys took a 36-20 lead at halftime, and shot 46.7 percent from the field in the first half (14-for-30). Louisiana College was outscored 37-16 in the second half.
McNeese State forced the Wildcats (1-2) to commit 19 turnovers, with 15 of them coming from steals. They also outrebounded Louisiana College 38-27.
Louisiana College was led by Jarron Jackson, who scored 12 points. The Wildcats shot only 24.4 percent from the field (11-for-45).
The Cowboys shot 51.8 percent for the game (29-for-56).
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- California uses big second half to beat McNeese State Nov 29
- McNeese State seeks upset of California Nov 28
- Texas-San Antonio captures Southland title Mar 12
- No. 18 Texas A&M fights off challenge from McNeese State Dec 31