Loyola, Md. 44, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 63Nov 21, 2009 - 9:44 PM EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP) -- Jeremy Goode scored 23 points and Jean Cajou added 16 to lead Mount St. Mary's (Md.) to a 63-44 win over Loyola (Md.) on Saturday.
The Mountaineers (2-1) now lead the all-time series against the Greyhounds (2-2) 96-69 in the most played rivalry in Maryland sports.
Goode was just 4-for-8 from the field, but hit 15 of 16 free throws. He also added seven rebounds and five steals.
The Mountaineers led by just three points at the half, but opened up on a 9-0 run for a 33-21 lead early in the second half and cruised from there.
Mount St. Mary's hit 24 of 28 free throws in the game (85.7 percent), and outrebounded the Greyhounds 33-24.
Loyola shot just 13-for-48 from the floor (27.1 percent), and was 14-for-22 at the foul line (63.6 percent).
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15