Couisnard leads UMKC by North Dakota 70-63Nov 21, 2009 - 10:09 PM GRAND FORKS, N.D.(AP) -- Jay Couisnard scored a game-high 21 points to lead Missouri-Kansas City to a 70-63 victory against North Dakota on Saturday.
Couisnard made 10 of 13 shots. LaTreze Mushatt and Spencer Johnson added 14 points each for the Kangaroos (3-0).
Four players finished in double figures for North Dakota (0-4), led by Dustin Monsebroten's 15 points.
UMKC led 59-57 with 1:43 remaining when Couisnard gave the Kangaroos some space with a field goal and two free throws. After the teams exchanged layups, UMKC led 65-59 with 34 seconds left and closed the game out at the free-throw line.
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25