New Orleans beats Texas State 67-55Nov 21, 2009 - 11:57 PM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Billy Humphrey scored with 23 points to lead New Orleans to a 67-55 win over Texas State on Saturday.
Humphrey shot 6-for-13 from the field and 9-for-10 from the free throw line for the Privateers (2-1). Carl Blair contributed with 10 rebounds and eight assists.
New Orleans used a 13-1 run in the first half to turn a four-point deficit into an 8-point lead, as a 3-pointer from Devin McDonald capped the run and made the score 21-13 with 7:59 remaining. The Privateers led 31-25 at halftime.
The Bobcats (1-3) were led by Tony Bishop, who finished with 16 points and six rebounds. Cameron Johnson added 12 points and seven rebounds in the losing effort.
New Orleans shot 42.1 percent from the field (24-for-57), including 53.3 percent from 3-point range (8-for-15).
Texas State shot only 29 percent in the game (18-for-62).
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- Western Kentucky rolls 83-58 in Sun Belt tourney Mar 6
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- Arkansas-Little Rock defeats New Orleans, 77-71 Feb 27