Niagara rolls past Central Florida 63-46Nov 21, 2009 - 10:51 PM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- Demetrius Williamson scored 13 points and Niagara took advantage of Central Florida's mistakes and poor shooting in the first half in a 63-46 victory on Saturday.
Anthony Nelson added 11 points for the Purple Eagles (3-1), who were never threatened after going on a 14-4 run to end the first half.
Less than 24 hours after UCF shot better than 50 percent from the floor to soundly defeat Auburn in the Glenn Wilkes Classic, the Knights (3-1) went 1-for-12 from 3-point range and had 14 turnovers in the opening 20 minutes.
UCFs only points over the final 5:49 of the first half came on a layup and two free throws by freshman guard Marcus Jordan, the son of NBA great Michael Jordan.
A.J. Tyler scored 12 points for the Knights, who ended up committing 23 turnovers and shooting 31.6 percent from the floor.
- UCF introduces Johnny Dawkins as new men's basketball coach Mar 24
- UCF hires Johnny Dawkins as next men's basketball coach Mar 23
- UCF fires coach Donnie Jones following loss in AAC tourney Mar 11
- Niagara edges Marist 69-66 Jan 28
- UCF's Taylor to miss remainder of season with leg injury Dec 23
- NCAA clears UCF 7-foot-6 recruit Tacko Fall to play Nov 13
- UCF files for academic waiver for 7-6 recruit Tacko Fall Nov 12
- Eligibility of 7-foot-6 UCF recruit in doubt as season nears Nov 10
- No. 13 Cincinnati sneaks past UCF Mar 14
- AAC quarterfinals pits Bearcats against Knights Mar 13
- No. 23 SMU routs UCF Mar 1
- Knights come calling on 23rd-ranked Mustangs Mar 1