Jordan scores 23 as Tulsa tops South Alabama 84-62Nov 21, 2009 - 11:49 PM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Jerome Jordan scored 23 points, Justin Hurtt added a career-high 21 and Stephen Idlet had his first career double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds as Tulsa overpowered South Alabama 84-62 Saturday.
Tulsa (4-0) took command late in the first half, breaking a 23-23 tie with a 12-0 run. The Hurricane made 15 of 16 free throws in the final 5:26 of the first half as the smaller Jaguars (3-2) committed 16 first-half fouls.
Tulsa led 42-29 at the break. Twenty of its first-half points came from the free-throw line.
Hurtt hit a trio of 3-pointers and was fouled on a third. He made 2 of 3 free throws to help TU maintain a double-digit lead throughout the second half.
Tim Williams led South Alabama with 17 points and Gary Redus added 11. Tulsa outrebounded the Jags 53-29 as Jordan and Bryson Pope each added nine and limited South Alabama's shooting to 37 percent.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SOUTH ALABAMA 29 33 62
TULSA 42 42 84 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: SOUTH ALABAMA - TIM WILLIAMS 17, GARY REDUS 11,
RAYMOND SIMS 8
TULSA - JEROME JORDAN 23, JUSTIN HURTT 21, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 10
Nov 21 6:15 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTH ALABAMA 29
TULSA 42 HALFTIME
Nov 21 5:05 PM
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Sooners roll over sputtering Tulsa Dec 13
- Rivals collide as Oklahoma takes on Tulsa Dec 13
- No. 9 Wichita State routs Tulsa Nov 30
- Tulsa comes calling on No. 9 Wichita State Nov 29
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28