Gardner-Webb defeats Methodist 83-58Nov 22, 2009 - 2:42 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Josh Henley scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Gardner-Webb to a 83-58 win over Methodist University on Saturday night.
The Runnin' Bulldogs (3-0) shot 62.5 percent in the second half (20 of 32), and opened the frame on a 15-2 run capped by a C.J. Hailey 3 with 16:17 left to play for a 51-28 lead.
Gardner-Webb had a 36-26 halftime lead, despite shooting 16.7 percent from 3-point range (2 of 12).
The Runnin' Bulldogs, who outrebounded the Monarchs (0-3) 40-27, scored 52 points in the paint and 22 second-chance points.
Henley, who shot 75 percent from the field (9 of 12), led four Runnin' Bulldogs in double figures.
Auryn MacMillan finished with 14 points, nine rebounds and four blocks and Brian McNair and David Brown added 11 points each for Gardner-Webb.
Tanner Carnes and Steven Fulp paced the Monarchs with 12 and 11 points, respectively.
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- No. 11 North Carolina handles Gardner-Webb Nov 9
- New-look Tar Heels tip off season against Runnin' Bulldogs Nov 9
- Louisville rebounds with convincing win over Gardner-Webb Dec 18
- Gardner-Webb hires Holtmann to be basketball coach Apr 22
- Scruggs fired by Gardner-Webb Mar 5
- Gardner-Webb 86, N.C.-Asheville 89 Feb 27
- UNC-Asheville tops Gardner-Webb 89-86 Feb 27