Saaka's 22 points pace Furman over Dartmouth 83-60Nov 22, 2009 - 3:16 AM GREENVILLE, S.C.(AP) -- Amu Saaka scored 22 points to pace three Furman players in double figures and Darryl Evans handed out a career-high 11 assists in an 83-60 victory over Dartmouth on Saturday night.
Saaka scored eight points during a 19-6 Paladins run in the first half, giving them a 40-23 halftime cushion after they led just 21-17 at the 7:05 mark.
Furman is 3-0 for the first time since the 1987-88 season and defeated the Big Green (0-3) for the first time in three tries.
Bryson Barnes, who scored 17 points on 6-of-9 shooting from the floor, sparked a 14-2 run early in the second half to increase the Paladins' margin to 61-33 at the 11:42 mark, and Dartmouth never got closer than 21 points the rest of the way.
Jordan Miller added 11 points and six assists for Furman.
Guard Ronnie Dixon led Dartmouth with 14 points, while center Clive Weeden had 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Harvard opens Ivy League action with win over Dartmouth Jan 7
- No. 22 Harvard opens Ivy League action against Dartmouth Jan 7
- Clanton, No. 19 UCF handle Furman Dec 30
- Pennsylvania knocks off Dartmouth 78-68 Mar 6
- Princeton defeats Dartmouth 71-43 Mar 5
- UNC-Greensboro beats Furman 66-65 in SoCon tourney Mar 5
- Brown rolls past Dartmouth 76-57 Feb 27