Fairleigh Dickinson defeats Central Michigan 62-53Nov 22, 2009 - 3:19 AM TEANECK, N.J.(AP) -- Alvin Mofunanya scored 22 points to lead Fairleigh Dickinson to a 62-53 win over Central Michigan on Saturday night.
Mofunanya also added nine rebounds and six blocks for the Knights (1-2), and Sean Baptiste chipped in with 18 points.
Fairleigh Dickinson took a 10-point lead midway through the first half after Baptiste hit a 3-pointer with 11:37 remaining to make the score 19-9. Two free throws from Terence Grier with 41 seconds left in the half pushed the lead to 35-21, and the Knights held a 35-23 lead at halftime.
Central Michigan never got closer than five points throughout the second half.
The Chippewas (2-2) were paced by Robbie Harman, who finished with 13 points and six assists.
Fairleigh Dickinson shot 38.1 percent from the field (16-for-42), while the Chippewas shot 32.3 percent (20-for-62).
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9
- Wildcats put up 100 points in Miller's 100th win Nov 19
- Miller seeks milestone win as Wildcats host Knights Nov 18
- FDU names Herenda men's hoops coach Apr 26