Xavier beats Sacred Heart 105-65Nov 22, 2009 - 2:34 AM By JOE KAY AP Sports Writer
CINCINNATI(AP) -- Jordan Crawford scored a career-high 26 points in Xavier's up-tempo offense, and Jason Love had his second straight double-double Saturday, leading the Musketeers to a 105-65 victory over Sacred Heart.
Crawford has emerged as Xavier (3-0) pushes the pace under first-year coach Chris Mack. The sophomore, who sat out last season after transferring from Indiana, has 50 points in the last two games.
Xavier has topped 100 points in consecutive games for the first time since 2007-08. It's the seventh set of back-to-back 100s in school history.
Love, the only senior on the team, had a career-high 15 rebounds and 14 points. Jamel McLean added a career-high 13 rebounds.
Sacred Heart (2-2) was led by Corey Hassan's 22 points.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Xavier's Chris Mack gets 1-year extension Apr 1