Miami (Ohio) tops Nicholls State 69-58Nov 22, 2009 - 3:32 AM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Kenny Hayes scored 23 points Saturday and Rodney Haddix had 21 to lead Miami of Ohio to a 69-58 win over Nicholls State Saturday night in the Basketball Travelers World Vision Classic.
The Redhawks (1-3) shot 52.4 percent in the second half to come back after trailing 33-30 at the break.
Julian Mavunga contributed a double-double for Miami with 12 points and a game-high 10 rebounds.
Anatoly Bose scored 27 to lead Nicholls State (0-4) and also had four steals. Maurice Foster came off the bench and added 14 points for the Colonels.
The teams committed 14 turnovers each. Miami converted the miscues for 26 points, compared with just 11 for Nicholls State.
Miami also dominated from the free-throw line, sinking 24 of 27 compared to 15 of 20 for Nicholls State.
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8