Kent State defeats Rochester 63-44Nov 23, 2009 - 2:51 AM KENT, Ohio(AP) -- Rodriquez Sherman scored 15 points to lead Kent State to a 63-44 victory over Rochester (Mich.) on Sunday night.
Mike McKee and Anthony Simpson added 12 points each as the Golden Flashes (4-1) pulled away in the second half of the final game of the Hispanic College Fund Classic.
Kent State led 28-24 at halftime, but the Golden Flashes scored the first seven points of the second half for a 35-24 advantage with 16:49 remaining.
Rochester cut the lead to 50-44 on Torey Throop's layup with 5:47 left, but Kent State went on a 9-0 run for a 59-44 lead with 3:14 remaining.
The Warriors (6-6) shot 50 percent from the field (10-for-20) in the first half, but only 33.3 percent (8-for-24) in the second half.
Simpson had 10 rebounds for Kent State, which outrebounded the Rochester 47-22.
Adrian Schaffer II led the Warriors with 15 points and Michael Graham added 10.
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Kent State visits West Virginia in early morning clash Nov 15
- Akron wins MAC crown over Kent State in OT Mar 12
- Geno Ford gets 2-year extension at Kent State Apr 2
- Big run leads Illinois past Kent State in NIT Mar 22
- Sherman's layup leads Kent State past Tulsa in NIT Mar 17
- Ernie Kent is out as Oregon basketball coach Mar 17
- Kent declines comment on report he's been fired Mar 7
- Kent State tops Akron 74-61 Mar 5
- Kent State defeats Miami, Ohio 66-58 Feb 27
- Greene's 26, Kent State beat Bowling Green 75-69 Feb 24