North Carolina A&T beats Middle Tennessee 65-56Nov 24, 2009 - 4:15 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Dwane Joshua had 18 points and two others scored in double figures as North Carolina A&T beat Middle Tennessee 65-56 on Monday night.
Tavarus Alston scored 14 points and Austin Witter added 11 for the Aggies (3-2).
Nick Simpson and Robert Johnson had combined to shoot 22-for-56 from 3-point range this season, but together made only 2 of 12 against Middle Tennessee. Alston (4-for-8), Witter (3-for-4) and Joshua (3-for-7) combined to shoot 10-for-19 from 3-point range.
James Washington led the Blue Raiders (2-3) with 17 points.
The Blue Raiders shot only 30.4 percent (17-for-56) from the field and committed 21 turnovers. The Aggies converted the Blue Raiders' miscues into 25 points.
After a 27-24 halftime lead, the Aggies built a 12-point lead, 44-32, with 12:01 left. The Blue Raiders got as close as 50-47 but the Aggies closed with a 15-9 run.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21