Western Carolina dumps Binghamton 73-44Nov 25, 2009 - 3:29 AM CULLOWHEE, N.C.(AP) -- Mike Williams scored 15 points to lead Western Carolina to a 73-44 victory over Binghamton on Tuesday night.
The Catamounts (3-1) dominated the first half, rolling to a 33-13 halftime score. They were 16-for-26 from the field (61.5 percent) and held Binghamton (1-4) to only three first-half field goals in the O'Reilly Auto Parts Classic.
It was the Bearcats' fourth straight loss.
Western Carolina took a 20-6 advantage on Kendall Russell's jumper with 7:23 remaining. After Binghamton's Kyrie Sutton scored on a jumper to cut the lead to 20-8, Williams hit a layup for a 22-8 advantage with 6:22 left in the first half.
The Catamounts scored the next seven points for a 29-8 lead with 1:52 left.
Harouna Mutombo added 11 points and Jake Robinson scored 10 points for the Catamounts.
Greer Wright led Binghamton with 21 points and Dylan Talley added 11 points.
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Wofford holds off Western Carolina for SoCon crown Mar 11
- Catamounts and Terriers meet for SoCon crown Mar 10
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Young leads Oregon past Western Carolina Nov 14
- Whittington, Georgetown down Western Carolina Dec 15
- Catamounts seek upset of 15th-ranked Hoyas Dec 15
- Binghamton provides little resistance to No. 3 Michigan Dec 11
- No. 3 Wolverines take on Bearcats Dec 11
- Richardson leads No. 13 Illinois past Western Carolina Dec 5
- No. 13 Illinois plays host to Western Carolina Dec 4