Texas-Arlington defeats Texas-Permian Basin 70-47Nov 25, 2009 - 3:36 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Marquez Haynes and Brandon Long each scored 19 points to lead Texas-Arlington to a 70-47 victory over Texas-Permian Basin on Tuesday night.
Long scored 11 of his points in the first 20 minutes, and Haynes, who came into the game averaging 30.3 points, shot 6 of 11, including 5 of 7 from 3-point range.
The Mavericks (2-2) led 38-24 at halftime and extended their lead to as much as 24 in the second half.
Elijah Thomas had 11 points for the Falcons (0-2), who suited up only eight players. Two players were out due to injury and another was not with the team.
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State pounds UT-Arlington Dec 19
- Mavericks come calling on 24th-ranked Cowboys Dec 19
- UT-Arlington extends Cross through 2016 Apr 17
- Miller leads ninth-ranked Bears past Mavericks Nov 24