Western St., Colo. 62, Weber St. 89Nov 25, 2009 - 4:16 AM OGDEN, Utah (AP) -- Damian Lillard scored 18 of his game-high 20 points in the second half Tuesday night to lead Weber State to an 89-62 win over Western State, Colo.
Steve Panos, who finished with 14 points, scored five early in the second half for the Wildcats (1-3). Lillard ended the stretch with a 3-pointer to give the Wildcats a 43-39 lead less than three minutes into the half.
Dan Biber opened the second half with a 3-pointer to give the Division II Mountaineers (2-1) a 39-31 lead, but after that the Wildcats went on a 35-6 run over the next 10 minutes.
Western State got its first lead of the game when Alex Hart's long jumper gave the Mountaineers a 9-7 advantage. The lead changed hands eight times before the end of the half, with the Mountaineers leading 36-31 at the break.
Hart led Western State with 12 points.
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Wildcats, Pirates play for CIT crown Apr 2
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16
- Weber State's Lillard to enter NBA Draft Apr 3