Saint Mary's defeats Cal Maritime, 100-59Nov 26, 2009 - 5:43 AM MORAGA, Calif.(AP) -- Omar Samhan scored 16 points to lead five Saint Mary's players in double digits Wednesday night in a 100-59 victory over Cal Maritime.
Wayne Hunter had 14 points, while Tim Williams added 13 points, seven rebounds and four blocked shots for the Gaels (4-1). Clint Steindl scored a career-high 13 points, and Mitchell Young had 10.
All of Saint Mary's victories this season have been by 22 or more points. The Gaels received 54 points from their bench and never trailed in the game.
Michael Weimer scored 18 points to lead Cal Maritime, an NAIA Division II school. Haven Piatt and Andrew Medeiros added 12 points apiece for the Keelhaulers.
It was the first meeting between the schools.
- Gonzaga comes alive late to top Saint Mary's Feb 22
- Zags seek multiple milestones in WCC showdown with Gaels Feb 21
- No. 3 Gonzaga pulls away to rout St. Mary's Jan 23
- Gaels and Zags square off in pivotal WCC clash Jan 22
- Harrison guides St. John's past St. Mary's Dec 20
- Gaels come calling on 20th-ranked Red Storm Dec 19
- Gonzaga rolls through Saint Mary's Jan 3
- Early WCC showdown pits Gaels against Zags Jan 2
- Memphis holds off Saint Mary's, advances to third round Mar 21
- Gaels get together with Tigers for second-round rumble Mar 20
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19