Washington State tops Alaska-Anchorage 87-68Nov 26, 2009 - 7:07 AM ANCHORAGE, Alaska(AP) -- Klay Thompson scored 25 points and pulled down seven rebounds and Washington State defeated Alaska-Anchorage 87-68 on Wednesday night in the first round of the Carrs-Safeway Great Alaska Shootout.
The Cougars (4-0) led 36-28 at halftime behind Thompson's 11 points.
He hit a baseline jumper to start a 13-3 run with 14:25 remaining in the second half and Washington State built a 19-point lead, 60-41, with 11:33 remaining.
The Division II Seawolves (2-1) chipped away and Donnie Lao's drive and layup cut the lead to eight points, 65-57, with 7:14 remaining.
Reggie Moore's two free throws with five minutes left started a 16-2 run and Washington State pulled away.
Moore came off the bench to score 17.
Brandon Walker led the Seawolves with 27 points and 5 rebounds and Drew Robinson had 14.
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Utah battles past Washington State Mar 6
- Utes tangle with Cougars in Pac-12 tilt Mar 5
- Arizona routs Washington State Feb 15
- Wildcats collide with Cougars in Pac-12 affair Feb 15
- Utah rebounds with 22-point win over WSU Jan 22
- Pac-12 clash pits Cougars against Utes Jan 21
- No. 9 Gonzaga thumps Washington State Dec 11