Jackson leads Penn State past Sacred Heart 87-75Nov 26, 2009 - 1:21 AM STATE COLLEGE, Pa.(AP) -- David Jackson scored 26 points to lead Penn State to a 87-75 win over Sacred Heart on Wednesday night.
Talor Battle added 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Nittany Lions (4-2).
Corey Hassan scored 24 points and had seven rebounds, while Chauncy Hardy added 21 points for the Pioneers (2-3).
Penn States success offensively came from the 3-point line, shooting 46.2 percent (6-for-13).
The first half was back and forth, with five tied scores and six lead changes. But the Nittany Lions pulled away with just under 3:30 left before halftime, going on a 12-5 run to close out the first half.
The Pioneers would not pose a threat to Penn State again until late when they brought the score to 62-61.
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 75
PENN ST 87 FINAL
Nov 25 7:56 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 26
PENN ST 36 HALFTIME
Nov 25 6:49 PM
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Penn State at a Glance Oct 27
- Penn State's Chambers hopes momentum translates to wins Oct 27
- Freshmen expected to contribute heavily for Penn State Oct 7
- Chambers signs extension with Penn State Mar 20
- Russell rallies Ohio State past Penn State Mar 4
- Buckeyes hit road to tangle with Nittany Lions Mar 4
- No. 5 Wisconsin hangs on to beat Penn State Feb 18
- Penn State entertains No. 5 Wisconsin Feb 18
- Wells, Maryland edge Penn State Feb 15