Humphrey's 26 helps New Orleans beat Mobile 65-51Nov 26, 2009 - 3:51 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Billy Humphrey tied his career high with 26 points and New Orleans rallied to defeat Mobile 65-51 on Wednesday night.
Humphrey, who set his previous career high last Thursday, was 8-for-14 from the field and 9-for-11 from the free throw line for the Privateers (3-1). He did not start the game due to a coach's decision.
The Rams, who knocked off Louisiana-Lafayette 68-64 a night earlier, led 32-30 at halftime.
The Privateers took the lead a minute into the second half and never relinquished it. Leading 51-47 with 5:29 left, New Orleans used a 14-4 run to pull away.
Charles Carmouche, who also came off the bench for the Privateers, scored 14 points, including 12 in the first half.
Donte Walker scored 14 points for the Rams, an NAIA school which shot just 25.8 percent (8-for-31) in the second half.
Mobile had 23 turnovers while New Orleans had 19.
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- Western Kentucky rolls 83-58 in Sun Belt tourney Mar 6
- Arkansas-Little Rock defeats New Orleans, 77-71 Feb 27
- Arkansas State defeats New Orleans, 63-56 Feb 25
- Denver defeats cold-shooting New Orleans 53-45 Feb 20
- New Orleans beats Louisiana-Monroe 82-73 Feb 18
- North Texas routs New Orleans 68-46 Feb 11
- Arkansas State pulls away from New Orleans 66-52 Feb 6
- South Alabama knocks off New Orleans 59-51 Feb 4