Alaska Anchorage tops Nicholls State 72-58Nov 27, 2009 - 4:13 AM ANCHORAGE, Alaska(AP) -- Brandon Walker scored 21 points Thursday night as Alaska Anchorage beat Nicholls State 72-58 in the second day of pool play at the Great Alaska Shootout.
Walker scored 12 points in the second half for the Division II Seawolves (3-2).
Maurice Foster led Nicholls State (0-6) with 17 points, with 13 coming in the second half.
Alaska Anchorage led 37-30 at the break and then went on a 14-3 run to open the second half, powered by five points from Walker and four from center Malcolm Campbell.
Behind Foster, the Colonels were able to cut the deficit to six at 55-49 with 5:33 left before the Seawolves regained the momentum.
Campbell finished with 15 points for Alaska Anchorage, and Drew Robinson had 10.
Iles scored 14 for Nicholls State, and Fred Hunter had 13.
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Appling, Michigan State rout Nicholls State Dec 1
- Colonels come north seeking upset of 13th-ranked Spartans Dec 1
- No. 14 Missouri cruises past Nicholls State Nov 17
- Colonels come calling on 14th-ranked Tigers Nov 16
- North Carolina handles Nicholls State Dec 19
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with Tar Heels Dec 19