Stephen F. Austin overtakes Huston-Tillotson 82-54Nov 29, 2009 - 4:43 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Eddie Williams scored 15 points and had seven assists to lead Stephen F. Austin to a commanding 82-54 win over Huston-Tillotson on Saturday night.
Williams, who made six of seven from the floor, was one of four players to score double digits for the Lumberjacks (2-2). Orren Tims scored 14, Will Reinke 11 and Jordan Glynn 10.
The team chalked up 52 points from the paint and dominated on the boards, pulling down 46 rebounds to the Rams' 22.
Huston-Tillotson (0-3) got behind early and never led, trailing 39-28 at halftime.
James Black scored 13 for the Rams, while Rex Kyles had 12 and Darrell Glover 10.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Gathers' record-setting performance helps Baylor earn victory Jan 22
- Rams face uphill battle in showdown with Bears Jan 21
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21