NNM 55, Utah Valley St. 78Nov 28, 2009 - 11:57 PM OREM, Utah (AP) -- Corey Claitt came off the bench to score 15 points and lead six Utah Valley players in double figures as the Wolverines routed Northern New Mexico 78-55 on Saturday.
Jourdain Scoubis had 13 points and 10 rebounds for a double-double. Jordan Swarbrick and Aaron England had 12 points each while Shawn Deadwiler and Justin Baker added 11 each for Utah Valley (3-3)
Eddie Fields and Billy Grayson each had a game-high 17 points to lead the Eagles (1-6). Grayson also had five steals, four assists and a block.
Utah Valley outrebounded the Eagles 40-23 and sunk 58 percent of its shots while holding Northern New Mexico to just 39 percent shooting from the field.
The score was tied at 15 at the midpoint of the first half before the Wolverines outscored their opponents 27-14 during the rest of the period to take a 42-29 halftime lead.
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12
- Utah Valley visits No. 8 Oklahoma State Nov 12
- Texas-Pan American 56, Utah Valley St. 53 Mar 10
- Seattle 74, Utah Valley St. 64 Mar 6
- N.J. Tech 57, Utah Valley St. 65 Mar 5
- Utah Valley St. 48, Houston Baptist 61 Feb 25
- Utah Valley St. 58, North Dakota 74 Feb 20