Kent State defeats Morehead State 63-57Nov 30, 2009 - 3:28 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Anthony Simpson scored 17 points and Kent State rallied in the second half to take a 63-57 victory over Morehead State on Sunday night.
Rodriquez Sherman had a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds as the Golden Flashes (5-2) won for the third time in four games.
Demonte Harper's jumper gave Morehead State (1-3) a 55-54 lead with 5:18 left, but Kent State's Frank Henry-Ala and Justin Greene hit consecutive baskets for a 58-55 advantage with 3:27 remaining.
Greene, who finished with 10 points, extended the lead to 61-55 with 49 seconds left.
Morehead State led 50-43 with 9:49 left.
Mike McKee added 10 points for the Golden Flashes.
Steve Peterson led the Eagles with 15 points, Maze Stallworth and Kenneth Faried added 12 each, and Harper finished with 11.
Faried had 15 rebounds and Brandon Shingles had 10 assists for Morehead State.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Morehead State suspends Woods for one game Nov 23
- Kentucky overcomes pesky Morehead State Nov 21