The Citadel beats Cent. Conn. State 67-53Nov 30, 2009 - 3:04 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Zach Urbanus tied his career high with seven 3-pointers and scored 23 points to lead The Citadel to a 67-53 victory over Central Connecticut State on Sunday night.
Urbanus was 7-for-13 from the 3-point line to lead The Citadel (5-3), which was 13-for-34 from beyond the arc (38.2 percent) in the Skip Prosser Tournament. Cosmo Morabbi hit a career-high four 3-pointers to finish with 12 points.
The 3-point onslaught overshadowed Cameron Wells, who scored 14 points, had a career-high nine assists and seven rebounds for The Citadel.
The Bulldogs put the game away by outscoring the Blue Devils 14-2 in the final 8:47. Central Connecticut State (1-3) made only seven second-half shots from the field, shooting 36.8 percent after halftime.
The Citadel outrebounded the Blue Devils 35-25.
Robby Ptacek led Central Connecticut State with 24 points.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 53
THE CITADEL 67 FINAL
Nov 29 9:16 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 35
THE CITADEL 33 HALFTIME
Nov 29 8:19 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31
- Boeheim in search of yet another milestone Dec 31