Winston-Salem beats Milligan 85-59Dec 1, 2009 - 2:33 AM WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- Shelton Carter scored 20 points and grabbed 10 boards to lead Winston-Salem in an 85-59 rout of Milligan College on Monday night.
Brian Fisher added 17 points and Andrew Jackson chipped in with 11 for the Rams (2-4), who have won two of three after dropping the season's first three contests.
Carter went 6-for-8 from beyond the arc in the win, as the Rams shot 12-for-25 from 3-point range (48 percent). The Buffaloes (1-7) shot just 4-for-21 on 3-pointers (19 percent).
Milligan trailed just 27-22 with 5:35 left before halftime, but a Fisher layup started a 9-3 run to put the Rams up by nine points at the break. The Rams opened the second half on an 11-6 run and cruised from there.
The Rams outscored the Buffaloes 36-20 in the paint and capitalized on 20 turnovers by Milligan.
Cordero Seymour paced the Buffaloes, an NAIA school, with 16 points.
- Winston-Salem defeats SC State 61-59 Mar 4
- Bethune-Cookman tops Winston-Salem 66-45 Mar 1
- Florida A&M defeats Winston-Salem State 75-61 Feb 27
- Winston-Salem State tops North Carolina A&T 79-74 Feb 22
- Norfolk State defeats Winston-Salem State 74-50 Feb 20
- Winston-Salem defeats Coppin State 70-60 Feb 15
- Morgan State beats Winston-Salem 79-65 Feb 13
- Hampton beats Winston-Salem 55-53 Feb 8
- Winston-Salem holds off Howard 62-58 Feb 6
- Winston-Salem State defeats Ferrum 62-49 Feb 5
- Bethune-Cookman beats Winston-Salem State 74-48 Feb 1
- Florida A&M edges Winston-Salem 75-69 Jan 30