High Point defeats South Carolina State 74-66Dec 1, 2009 - 2:43 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Nick Barbour scored 26 points and High Point defeated South Carolina State 74-66 on Monday night.
The Panthers (3-2) led 30-29 at halftime, before shooting 54.5 percent (12 of 22) in the second half.
The Bulldogs (3-1) shot just 28.6 percent in the second half (10 of 35), and were held to 33.3 percent shooting in the game (21 of 63).
Corey Law added 16 points and eight rebounds, including six on the offensive glass for the Panthers, who scored 34 points in the paint.
High Point scored 19 points off of 17 turnovers, including four each by Tyvon Williams and Khalif Toombs.
After going to the foul line just eight times in the first half, the Panthers were 18 of 25 from the free-throw line in the second.
Jason Flagler scored 16 points to lead the Bulldogs. Toombs added 11 and Darnell Porter chipped in 10 for the Bulldogs, who outrebounded High Point 44-38.
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- No. 12 Missouri wallops South Carolina State Dec 18
- South Carolina State comes calling on Missouri Dec 17
- No. 15 Pittsburgh holds off SC State Dec 17
- SC State comes calling on No. 15 Pittsburgh Dec 17