Vermont knocks off Dartmouth 63-58Dec 2, 2009 - 2:47 AM HANOVER, N.H.(AP) -- Joey Accaoui scored 17 points and Marqus Blakely had a double-double to lead Vermont to a 63-58 victory over Dartmouth on Tuesday night.
Accaoui, a backup guard, was 6-for-7 from the field. Blakely, the Catamounts' leading scorer and rebounder, had 10 points and 12 rebounds to help Vermont (4-4) win for the 10th time in 11 games against Dartmouth (1-5).
The Catamounts held a 49-46 lead when Maurice Joseph, who finished with 15 points, converted a three-point play for a 52-46 lead with 5:22 remaining.
Dartmouth's Clive Weeden hit two free throws to cut the lead to 52-48, but Joseph countered with a jumper for a 54-48 advantage with 3:02 left and the Catamounts led by at least five points the remainder of the game.
Weeden finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds, Ronnie Dixon had 13 points and Jabari Trotter scored 10 points for Dartmouth.
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13
- Vermont seeks upset of No. 23 UConn Nov 13
- North Carolina rolls on without Henson, tops Vermont Mar 16
- Vermont goes for broke in NCAA tourney clash with North Carolina Mar 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14
- Vermont captures America East title Mar 10