Loyola defeats Morgan State 78-66Dec 2, 2009 - 3:29 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Brett Harvey scored 15 points, including five during a pivotal second-half run, to help Loyola (Md.) defeat Morgan State 78-66 on Tuesday night.
The Greyhounds (4-2) led 50-49 midway through the second half before scoring seven unanswered points to extend its winning streak over the Bears (4-3) to five.
Harvey's basket started the run with less than 13 minutes to go followed by two free throws from Jawaan Wright with 12:03 left.
Wright then picked up a steal on an inbound play, and Harvey hit a 3-pointer for a 57-49 advantage.
The Greyhounds shot 62.5 percent from the field (15 of 24) and forced 11 turnovers in the second half.
Jamal Barney scored 22 points and Anthony Winbush chipped in with 13 for Loyola, which led 35-34 at halftime.
Reggie Holmes led the Bears with 31 points and Kevin Thompson added 16 points and 14 rebounds.
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28