Chicago St. 40, Cent. Michigan 78Dec 2, 2009 - 3:12 AM MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP) -- Chris Kellermann led five Central Michigan players in double figures Tuesday night in a 78-40 rout of Chicago State.
Kellermann scored 18 points, and his eight rebounds tied teammate Jalin Thomas for game honors. Thomas added 13 points, Jordan Bitzer 12, Robbie Harman 11 and Marko Spica 10 for the Chippewas (3-4), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
The Cougars (3-3) were led by Marquis Young's 12 points.
Central Michigan outshot Chicago State 52.0 percent to 34.1 percent, held a 35-23 rebounding advantage and forced 25 turnovers.
Young's dunk gave Chicago State the first points of the game, but that was the last time the Cougars led.
The Chippewas led 36-16 at intermission, then opened the second half with a 13-2 surge for a 49-18 lead. The advantage topped out at 41 points, 78-36, on Finis Craddock's layup and foul shot with 3:09 to play.
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 40
CENTRL MICHIGAN 78 FINAL
Dec 1 8:54 PM
- NCAA BB
CHICAGO ST 16
CENTRL MICHIGAN 36 HALFTIME
Dec 1 7:47 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- No. 10 Ohio State rolls past Chicago State Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- Chicago State comes calling on No. 10 Ohio State Dec 29
- Keno Davis lands at Central Michigan Apr 3
- Central Michigan fires head coach Ernie Zeigler Mar 14
- SDSU comes alive late, keeps Chicago State winless Jan 11