Bethune-Cookman defeats Florida Gulf Coast 67-59Dec 2, 2009 - 3:09 AM FORT MYERS, Fla.(AP) -- Kevin Dukes made five 3-pointers, including four in the second half, and Bethune-Cookman defeated Florida Gulf Coast 67-59 on Tuesday night.
The Wildcats (4-3) opened the second half on a 12-2 run to take a 41-23 lead with 15:41 remaining. Dukes capped the run on his first of three straight 3-pointers.
Bethune-Cookman shot 58.8 percent in the second half (10-for-17) and 51.2 percent (22-for-43) for the game.
Stanley Elliott scored 13 points and Alexander Starling added 10 points, five steals and five assists for the Wildcats.
The Eagles (0-5), who have lost four times when making fewer 3-pointers than their opponents, were 2-for-9 from long range while the Wildcats were 6-for-8.
Anthony Banks paced the Eagles with 15 points and Reggie Chambers added 10.
The Eagles committed 13 of their 17 turnovers in the first half to trail 29-21 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
BETHUNE COOKMAN 67
FLA GULF COAST 59 FINAL
Dec 1 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
BETHUNE COOKMAN 29
FLA GULF COAST 21 HALFTIME
Dec 1 7:55 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Cinderella's run ends; Gators oust FGCU Mar 30
- Surprising Eagles set sights on Gators in Sweet 16 Mar 28
- FGCU moves into Sweet 16 by stunning Aztecs Mar 25
- Upstart Eagles take on Aztecs in South Regional dust-up Mar 23
- Shocking debut: FGCU sends Georgetown packing Mar 23
- Hoyas set sights on upstart Eagles in South Regional matchup Mar 21