Notre Dame beats Idaho State 80-70Dec 2, 2009 - 2:34 AM By TOM COYNE AP Sports Writer
SOUTH BEND, Ind.(AP) -- Carleton Scott leapt high and got his left hand on an alley-oop pass from Luke Harangody and deflected it in, igniting an 18-2 run that let Notre Dame break the game open in beating Idaho State 80-70 Tuesday night.
Harangody led the Irish (7-1) with 27 points and 12 rebounds to become the first Notre Dame player with 2,000 career points and 1,000 rebounds. Ben Hansbrough added 14 points.
Idaho State (2-5), which trailed 40-37 at halftime, closed to 47-42 when Broderick Gilchrest drove inside for a basket and then made a free throw. But Scott scored his alley-oop basket, then Harangody made one of his two 3-pointers as the Irish began pulling away, opening a 65-44 lead when Tim Abromaitis made a fastbreak jumper.
Demetrius Monroe was 8-of-9 shooting, leading the Bengals with 18 points. Gilchrest and Austin Kilpatrick added 12 points each.
- NCAA BB
IDAHO ST 70
NOTRE DAME 80 FINAL
Dec 1 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
IDAHO STATE 37 37
NOTRE DAME 40 40 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
IDAHO STATE - DEMETRIUS MONROE 12, BRODERICK GILCHREST
7, AUSTIN KILPATRICK 6
NOTRE DAME - LUKE HARANGODY 12, BEN HANSBROUGH 10,
CARLETON SCOTT 6
Dec 1 8:16 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17