Texas State tops Texas A&M-International, 71-60Dec 2, 2009 - 4:10 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas(AP) -- Cameron Johnson scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Texas State past Texas A&M-International 71-60 Tuesday night.
John Bowman scored 13 for the Bobcats (2-3) and Uriel Segura had 11. Segura made three of his four attempts from 3-point range, and Texas State was 11-for-24 from behind the arc.
Texas State led 29-27 at halftime.
St. Paul Latham led Texas A&M-International with 13 points and Luis Gomez scored 10. The Dustdevils (2-5) are members of Division II.
Texas A&M-International only took 40 shots from the field, 16 fewer than Texas State, but the Dustdevils were 23-for-33 from the free-throw line. The Bobcats were 14-for-27 on foul shots.
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- Texas State defeats Northwestern State 89-75 Feb 27
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas State 77-70 Feb 24
- Nicholls State defeats Texas State 66-63 Feb 20
- Texas State defeats Lamar, 81-67 Feb 13
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi edges Texas State 63-60 Feb 10
- Rice gets past Texas A&M-International 73-66 Feb 8