Southeastern Louisiana routs Spring Hill 83-57Dec 2, 2009 - 1:51 AM HAMMOND, La.(AP) -- Patrick Sullivan scored 17 points to lead five Southeastern Louisiana players in double figures as the Lions routed Spring Hill College 83-57 on Tuesday night.
Southeastern Louisiana (5-1), which has won three straight games, jumped out to a 20-6 lead and held a 45-22 margin at halftime.
Spring Hill, an NAIA school, capitalized on two scoring droughts in the second half -- the first lasting 5:12 and the second spanning 4:11 -- to pull within 60-49 with 8:32 left. Sullivan hit the first of two jumpers 16 seconds later as Southeastern Louisiana outscored the Badgers 23-8 the rest of the game.
The Lions also dished out 22 assists.
Gary Dixon added 16 points for Southeastern Louisiana, while Trent Hutchin and Rodney Jones scored 13 apiece and Deshawn Patterson had 12.
Nick Brown led Spring Hill with 22 points and Marcus Coleman added 16, all in the second half.
- No. 9 Gonzaga takes down SELA Dec 3
- Lions hope to take down ninth-ranked Bulldogs Dec 2
- No. 19 Sooners rip through SE Louisiana Nov 16
- Sooners open season against visiting Lions Nov 16
- No. 8 Florida cruises past Southeastern Louisiana Dec 19
- Gators seek redemption in clash with visiting Lions Dec 19
- Berggren, Wisconsin down Southeastern Louisiana Nov 11
- No. 23 Wisconsin hosts SE Louisiana in 2012-13 lidlifter Nov 11
- Sam Houston State moves to fianls with 88-85 win Mar 12
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 86-77 Mar 6
- Fortenberry, SE Louisiana edge McNeese State 60-59 Mar 3