McNeese State routs Paul Quinn 101-54Dec 2, 2009 - 4:06 AM LAKE CHARLES, La.(AP) -- P.J. Alawoya scored 16 points to lead five players in double figures in McNeese State's 101-54 rout of Paul Quinn College on Tuesday night.
Jeremie Mitchell and Dontae Cannon scored 15 each, Brandon Regis added 11 and Patrick Richard chipped in 10 for the Cowboys (3-4), who had all 12 players score at least two points.
McNeese scored 51 points off of 29 turnovers in its largest win since 2001 and its highest scoring game since 2002.
The Cowboys, who won by 47 against Paul Quinn (2-5), defeated Loyola of New Orleans 108-48 in 2001. The Cowboys also scored 102 against Loyola a year later.
McNeese State led 55-21 after shooting 56.8 percent (21 of 37) and holding Paul Quinn to 29.2 percent shooting (7 of 24) in the first half.
Jason Burke-Kavros scored 19 points and Maarquest Watson added 14 for the NAIA Tigers, who lost their third straight.
- San Diego State blows past McNeese State Dec 22
- No. 24 San Diego State entertains McNeese State Dec 21
- Balanced attack sends Michigan State past McNeese State Nov 9
- No. 2 Michigan State opens against McNeese State Nov 8
- North Carolina routs McNeese State Dec 22
- McNeese State comes calling on No. 23 North Carolina Dec 22
- Lamar downs McNeese State in Southland final Mar 11
- Cardinals and Cowboys clash for Southland crown Mar 10
- Bears wipe floor with Paul Quinn Dec 19
- Baylor plays host to NAIA foe Paul Quinn Dec 19
- California uses big second half to beat McNeese State Nov 29
- McNeese State seeks upset of California Nov 28