Auburn rolls past Alabama A&M 87-52Dec 2, 2009 - 3:36 AM HUNTSVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Lucas Hargrove scored 22 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as Auburn defeated Alabama A&M 87-52 on Tuesday night.
Andre Malone added 10 points and Ty Armstrong had 12 rebounds for the Tigers (4-3) as they welcomed back Tay Waller, who missed the first six games of the season with a quadriceps injury.
The senior guard, who averaged 12.9 points per game last year, had 13 points on 5-of-7 shooting.
Alabama A&M (2-3) led 7-2 after a 3-pointer from leading scorer Casey Cantey and withstood Auburn's 12-2 run to trail just 23-21 after a trey from Cornelius Hester. But the Tigers went on an 18-3 run to close the first half.
Auburn outscored the Bulldogs 17-6 to start the second half.
The Tigers shot 50.7 percent from the floor and outrebounded Alabama A&M 52-31.
Cantey paced the Bulldogs with 21 points.
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1
- Auburn's Bowers brings energy, rebounds back to lineup Jan 21
- Pearl: Auburn guard Shamsid-Deen out for season Jan 15
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Auburn Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Auburn's Pearl relying again on overhauled roster Oct 29
- Kentucky remains perfect with win over Auburn Mar 14
- No. 1 Kentucky takes on Auburn in SEC semis Mar 14