Northern Colorado bests Colorado State 70-63Dec 2, 2009 - 5:44 AM GREELEY, Colo.(AP) -- Will Figures came off the bench to shoot perfectly from the line and from 3-point range on Tuesday night, scoring 18 points in Northern Colorado's 70-63 win over Colorado State.
Figures hit all eight of his free throws and both 3-point tries. He went four-for-seven from the field as the Bears hung on to a 7-0 season for the first time since at least 1964.
The Bears began with an 11-2 scoring run in the first seven minutes and never gave the Rams (4-3) the lead.
Taylor Montgomery added another 16 points for Northern Colorado and Devon Beitzel had 12.
The Rams relied on Travis Franklin, who scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, as well as Dorian Green and Andre McFarland, who added 13 and 10 respectively.
Colorado State did better on the boards 41-29, but could not overcome shooting just 35 percent from the field, including a 26 percent first half.
- Boise State assistant named head coach at Northern Colorado May 1
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Apr 21
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- New Mexico knocks off unbeaten CSU Jan 4
- Rams and Lobos mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 3
- Gillon powers No. 24 Colorado State past Boise State Dec 31
- Broncos and Rams square off in Mountain West opener Dec 31
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- CSU extends men's basketball coach Eustachy Nov 21
- Behanan to skip senior season, enter draft Apr 28