William & Mary beats Longwood 84-65Dec 3, 2009 - 2:17 AM WILLIAMSBURG, Va.(AP) -- David Schneider scored 22 points to lead William & Mary to its fifth straight win, beating winless Longwood 84-65 on Wednesday night.
The Tribe's streak included a win at Wake Forest on Nov. 28 after they dropped their first two games of the season.
Kyle Gaillard added 15 points and Quinn McDowell had 14 for the Tribe, who outrebounded Longwood 37-28. Schneider was 3-for-6 from beyond the arc and 5-for-5 from the free throw line.
The Tribe (5-2) led the Lancers 34-25 at halftime and kicked off the second half with a 8-0 run that put the game out of reach.
Both teams hit 11 3-pointers, but the Tribe went 19-for-27 from the foul line (70.4 percent). The Lancers (0-8) were 8 of 13 from the foul line (61.5 percent).
Antwan Carter paced the Lancers with 13 points, and Dana Smith and Martiz Washington scored 12 apiece.
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Shockers overcome slow start to down William & Mary Nov 15
- Shockers take on Tribe in CBE Hall of Fame Classic Nov 14
- Gillian resigns as Longwood men's hoops coach Mar 14
- Porter, Georgetown rout Longwood Dec 10
- Georgetown plays host to Longwood Dec 10