James Madison beats Norfolk State 72-64Dec 3, 2009 - 2:34 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Pierre Curtis scored 17 points, leading five James Madison players in double figures as the Dukes beat Norfolk State 72-64 on Wednesday night.
Julius Wells added 14 points, and Andrey Semenov and Darren White scored 12 apiece for the Dukes (4-2). Trevon Flores chipped in 10 points.
The Dukes led by two points at halftime, but Michael Deloach hit a 3-pointer right at the start of the second half to put the Spartans (1-6) ahead 31-30. The teams went back and forth throughout the second half, and Deloach hit a jumper to pull the Spartans within 60-55 with 4:32 to play.
But Semenov hit a pair of free throws and then nailed a 3, sparking a 10-0 run that sealed it for the Dukes.
The Dukes went just 5-for-27 on 3s, but hit 15 of 19 from the foul line.
Deloach finished with 25 points for Norfolk State. Rob Hampton added 14 points and Kyle O'Quinn had 11.
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15