Siena 61, Georgia Tech 74Dec 3, 2009 - 2:43 AM By GEORGE HENRY Associated Press Writer
ATLANTA (AP) -- Freshman Mfon Udofia scored a career-high 26 points and Georgia Tech beat Siena 74-61 on Wednesday night.
Derrick Favors, who is also a freshman, finished with 16 points and eight rebounds for the Yellow Jackets (5-1), winners of four straight. Gani Lawal added 15 points and nine rebounds.
Clarence Jackson led Siena (4-3) with 19 points. The Saints, who have dropped two of three, never led and had no other players score in double figures.
Udofia, a point guard from nearby Miller Grove High School in Stone Mountain, also had seven rebounds. His 10-foot runner with 4:06 remaining gave Georgia Tech a 68-54 lead.
Favors, a 6-foot-10 forward from nearby South Atlanta High, hit a layup to put the Yellow Jackets up 54-47 with 8:44 left in the game.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
SIENA 28 33 61
GEORGIA TECH 32 42 74 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: SIENA - CLARENCE JACKSON 19, KYLE DOWNEY 9, ALEX
GEORGIA TECH - MFON UDOFIA 26, DERRICK FAVORS 16,
GANI LAWAL 15
Dec 2 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA TECH 31 HALFTIME
Dec 2 7:44 PM
- Georgia Tech hires Pastner from Memphis to replace Gregory Apr 9
- Bobinski looking for coach to revitalize Georgia Tech hoops Mar 28
- Georgia Tech fires men's basketball coach Brian Gregory Mar 25
- Georgia Tech's Georges-Hunt 'thankful' for spot in NIT Mar 14
- ACC Tournament could decide Gregory's future at Georgia Tech Mar 8
- Georges-Hunt's faith finally paying off for Georgia Tech Feb 24
- Georgia Tech is 1 of college basketball's biggest mysteries Jan 26
- Georgia Tech finally shows it can win a close ACC game Jan 11
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Georgia Tech Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Georgia Tech's Gregory under pressure to move up in ACC Oct 26
- Transfers should provide new look to Georgia Tech's lineup Oct 20