Weber State gets past Utah 83-76Dec 3, 2009 - 4:30 AM OGDEN, Utah(AP) -- Damian Lillard scored a career-high 28 points to lead Weber State to an 83-76 win over Utah on Wednesday night.
Steve Panos added 20 points for the Wildcats (2-4).
Kim Tillie led Utah (3-4) with 20 points while Carlon Brown had 16. David Foster had a school-record 10 blocks but was in foul trouble often and played just 22 minutes.
Lillard hit a jumper with 2:44 left in the game to give the Wildcats a 71-69 lead. On the next trip down the court, Lillard made his only 3-pointer to finish a 9-0 run.
The Utes opened the game on a 9-0 run thanks to a 3-pointer from Tillie and then two more 3s from Marshall Henderson. A three-point play by Brown built Utah's lead to 28-14 with 7:32 left in the first half.
Weber State took its first lead on Lillard's finger-roll that capped a 9-2 run and gave the Wildcats a 53-51 advantage with 13:35 to play.
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 83 FINAL
Dec 2 11:03 PM
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 38 HALFTIME
Dec 2 9:52 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6