Sacramento State holds off UC Davis, 59-57Dec 3, 2009 - 5:12 AM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Freshman John Dickson had 14 points, three rebounds and two steals to lead Sacramento State to a 59-57 victory over UC Davis on Wednesday night.
Sultan Toles-Bey had 13 points and Duro Bjegovic added 10 for the Hornets (3-4).
Mark Payne had 21 points and Joe Harden added 11 points for the Aggies (3-3).
Bjegovic scored five significant points during a 10-0 run to give the Hornets a 29-19 lead in the first half. The Hornets had seven steals, four blocked shots, and shot 57 percent from the floor to lead 35-27 at the half.
The Aggies powered back to take a 43-42 lead on a basket by Payne with 14 minutes remaining. After Dickson's three-point play broke a 46-46 tie, the Hornets led the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 59
UC DAVIS 57 FINAL
Dec 2 11:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 35
UC DAVIS 27 HALFTIME
Dec 2 10:50 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- UC Santa Barbara takes 76-62 win over UC Davis Mar 12
- Harden paces UC Davis by Cal State Fullerton 68-65 Mar 12
- UC Davis beats Cal State Fullerton 92-86 in OT Mar 7
- Cal State Northridge holds off UC Davis 70-66 Mar 5
- UC Davis runs away from UC Riverside 66-43 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28
- Northern Arizona topples Sacramento State 73-59 Feb 27