Loyola Marymount cruises past Academy of Art 91-72Dec 3, 2009 - 5:31 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Drew Viney's 20 points and eight rebounds led Loyola Marymount to a 91-72 victory over Academy of Art on Wednesday night.
Freshman Alex Osborne had a career-high 16 points and four assists for the Lions (3-5), who matched their win total from a year ago. They didn't win their third game until Feb. 26 last season.
Vernon Teel added 15 points, seven rebounds and three steals for Marymount, which never trailed.
Ivan Prema scored 16 points and pulled down nine rebounds for the Division II Urban Knights (0-5).
The Lions equaled a season-high with 17 steals. They forced San Francisco-based Academy of Art into 26 turnovers, which led to 36 Marymount points. All 11 players who earned a minute for the Lions scored.
Marymount led 48-35 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
ACADEMY OF ART 72
LOYOLA MARYMNT 91 FINAL
Dec 3 12:10 AM
- NCAA BB
ACADEMY OF ART 35
LOYOLA MARYMNT 48 HALFTIME
Dec 2 10:55 PM
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23
- Lions and Shockers meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 22
- Dunlap returns to Loyola Marymount Mar 13
- Loyola Marymount, Good part ways Mar 12
- Two LMU players out indefinitely following car crash Oct 25
- No. 1 Gonzaga downs LMU in WCC semis Mar 10
- Top-ranked Gonzaga continues WCC tourney against Lions Mar 9
- Pangos, Olynyk help No. 6 Gonzaga down LMU Feb 10